GOOD WORKS FARM, INC.
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
The Director of Finance (DF) plays a crucial role in supporting the organization’s financial operations and has a broad job description that touches all areas of the organization. The DF reports directly to the Director of Operations (DO).
· Objectives include:
· To oversee the efforts, results, and success of the organization’s finances
· To provide financial advice and support to the organization and the Board of Directors
· To uphold the values, vision, mission, philosophies, and core values of the organization
· Responsible for all day-to-day financial operations, including payroll, billing, accounts payable and receivable, reconciliations, bank deposits, financial reporting, etc.
· Assure adherence to monthly accounting cycles to meet deadlines.
· Monitor cash flow and manage cash balances, accounts, and other financial transactions.
· Update and oversee adherence to financial policies and procedures company-wide.
· Conform to Uniform Guidance, GAAP, and non-profit best practices that assure GWF’s operations, policies, and practices are in compliance with federal, state, and city statutory regulations and legislation.
· Seek out methods and practices that minimize financial risk.
· IT management and improvements.
· Work with the Board Treasurer to provide accurate and timely financial reports as requested by the Board of Directors.
· Working with the DO, billing agent, and SSA’s, proactively plan for and communicate any client budget issues and assist in resolving past errors and non-billables.
· Provide tax support by working with our tax preparer, reviewing tax reports, and ensuring timely submissions, etc.
· Provide audit and compliance support to the DO as needed.
· Develop tools and work with programs and the Director of Development to request, track, and ensure timely expenditure of funds and maximize grant utilization.
· Other tasks identified by the DO or the Board of Directors.
· Degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field
· Knowledge of and experience with non-profit organizational and financial operations and protocols preferred. Experience with Medicaid billing is a plus!
· Proficient in G-Suite, Quickbooks, MS Office applications, etc. Technologically savvy.
· Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
· The ability to work independently, problem-solve, and be comfortable navigating and learning new technology systems.
· Superior attention to detail and a high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
This job description does not list all of the duties of the job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. This job description may be revised at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either the employee or employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason or no reason.